Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Leg And Shoulder Workout

I start my leg workout with some good old weighted squats. The key to squats is to make sure you go lower than 90 degrees in order to activate your gluts :) And who doesn't want a firm tush!!
I only do about 5-7 reps and I do 3 sets of these
Next up lunges. I hold a 25 pound kettelbell in each hand and alternate legs :)
I do as many reps as I can, and 3 sets. 
Step ups :) Pretty straight forward, alternate legs and raise knee up.
3 sets of these.
 Angled leg press. This machine allows a person to push a little more weight that normal. This is a great machine for the legs.
I put on as much weight as I can that will allow me to do 5-7 reps
I do 3 sets of these as well.
 Love this exercise. Leg raises with cable.
Again 5-7 reps and 3 sets
 
Now onto shoulders :)
Shoulder press with dumbbells
I do two of these in a row and then combine it with the next picture.
Then I do two of these and then back to the normal should press.
(Hope that makes sense haha)
For the next two workouts I try and do as much weight as I can while keeping good form and stay in the range of 5-7 reps with these ones too. And again 3 sets
This last picture I had to cut off in order to make it fit. But just start with your arms on either side and keeping your arms straight and palms facing down and raise them up till they are level with your shoulders.
 
Please excuse that some of the pictures aren't super clear. I was just using my cell phone.
Try this workout out and let me know what you think :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment