Friday, November 1, 2013

Yummy steal cut oats

These have been my breakfast every morning since I started training and I love them. Steal cut oats are the least processed type of oats. The oat groats are toasted and then chopped into small chunks.

I started by peeling and cutting up an apple into small pieces. Then added a tsp of cinnamon.
 
 
To that I added 1/2 cup of the steal cut oats.
 


 
2 cups of water

 
I turned it on low for about 6-7 hours. Make sure you don't over cook.

 
Then mix it altogether :) I usually eat mine with almond milk.


 
Most mornings I just make this on the stove. It does take a little longer than other types of oatmeal, about 35 minutes. Its also delicious with strawberries or blueberries. Just add them in the last few minutes of cooking and your set.  Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment