Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Lets Stay On Track

Lately it seems that life is getting busier and busier. I could list the reason why but at the end of the day, busy is just life. Life gets busy. So the challenge is how to stay focused and motivated while carrying on with real life.
I would love to have my mornings free to be in the gym and enough time (and ideas) to have meals made healthy and on time every day but the reality is that that just isn't reality.
So there are a few things that I do for myself that keep me focused. I reflect on my goals constantly. I say it out loud. I talk about it to my husband and my friends. It really helps me refocus and stay on track. There has been times in the past that I have set out to accomplish a goal and kept it to myself. I never realized that I was doing it on purpose but I was afraid to say it out loud because I knew that it would hold me more accountable. It was like I was already planning to fail.
When I set out to compete it was a big step for me. Yes the diet and exercise is a little more extreme than normal, but it was the fact that I put it out there for the world and everyone to know. There was  no way I could back out when things got hard and when life got busy.
The point of all of this is that it is so easy to set a goal and be excited about it in the moment and the important thing is to remember that and keep working towards it.
Thankfully pinterest and instagram are constant motivation to keep on going. Take it one day at a time. Make the right choices.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment