Sunday, October 20, 2013

Challenge of the week... Clean Eating

This week I am challenging myself to eat clean for the week.  Come on and join me (you know you want too). There is only a couple of rules to this challenge.
Rule 1: Eat whole foods. Pretty much if you can't easily recognize, let alone pronounce, all the ingredients then pass on it.
Rule 2: Don't complicate it. Eating clean is about taking it back to simple. Focus on having some veggies, a lean protein, some healthy fats and whole grains.
As much as eating clean immediately makes you feel better, less bloated and more energized it still is tempting not to give in to a snack from the gas station or a fast food place. I love creamer in my coffee, it is something that I treat myself too. I thoroughly enjoy every single sip of it. But for the week my almond milk is going to do the trick.
Its important to focus on how good you feel and to really listen to your body! So many times we aren't even hungry but yet we find ourselves going to the cupboard and eating something that doesn't benefit us and in twenty minutes we are hungry again. 
Also drink up!! Water has been proven to help concentration and help your body with the ability to burn calories.
 
Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Ok I am on board!!! One week of eating clean! Loving your blog already Jilly! Proud of you! You look great in your before pics and I cant wait to be there with you during this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome to have you doing it with me. Thanks so much Jill for all your support :)

    ReplyDelete