Monday, October 28, 2013

Challenge of the week... Proper water intake

I love Mondays. For me its the perfect day to refocus and stay on track. This is my third week following a diet and work out plan. My first week I was really focusing on my workouts and planning for how I was going to have to eat. My second week I was getting workout and eating on track together. This week I need to make sure I am not only sticking with my workouts and eating clean but also taking in enough water. While I am pretty good with making sure I drink water throughout the day. I am not drinking the amount of water that I should be taking in while I am bulking.
The average women should consume 2.7 liters of water a day and men 3.7.
Water is so important. It helps with digestion, your skin, keeps your kidneys healthy and helps you feel full so that you dont over eat. When you are trying to build muscle the intake of water also helps increase protein synthesis which helps your body ingest protein better.
So this week on top of keeping up with eating clean and my workouts I will be carrying this Gallon of water around with me. I do have to drink more than the average women due to my diet and workouts.
Join me this week in making sure that we are all getting the right amount of water. Being dehydrated makes you feel tired and fatigued. So lets keep our water bottles full!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. So I've heard your little voice bullying me to the water cooler instead of the Keurig. If you're a fan of sparkling water at all- I totally recommend the Soda Stream to mix up your water intake. Hope you're still feeling good and encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wondered if those are good!! That's awesome to know. Its surprisingly hard some days to make sure you get that water in. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete